Sunday, February 26, 2006

B-A-R-R-A-C-U-D-A

So I've recently been thinking about my youthful fascination with spelling. Around second grade, I was also interested in barracudas. However, my motivation was purely selfish, because whenever I looked up B-A-R-R-A-C-U-D-A in my world book encyclopedia, I would always anticipate that, this time, "barracuda" would be spelled B-A-R-A-T-T-A. Because we shared the first three letters of our names, then somehow we were connected.

It was the same way in sunday school, when spelling out J-E-S-U-S. I would get excited when the teacher would help us out with our "Jesus loves all the little children" collages. She would write the words out on the board for us to copy, and I would hope that maybe, just maybe, this time you would spell "Jesus" J-E-S-S-I-C-A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home