Monday, July 23, 2007

must be something in the air

Last week will stand out on its own.

It rained all week long, the mercury barely making it up to 70 degrees. Sighing, I put on my sweater (which is begging to be put in the back of the closet, but has not yet made it there) in mid-July. We had one excruciating week of summer, and now this?

Harry Potter came out.

Our four newly-planted aspen trees died.

Numerous large bugs made their way into our house. In particular, a silverfish. And a spider spinning an impressive 36" web in my living room.

Laura had a baby boy. Elijah Jackson. He has curly hair, which is fitting.

A series of heavy phone calls from Virginia. You always hear stories about extended family - to the point that you can't even believe the individuals are from the same bloodline as you. But then - when it shifts and decides to hit your own generation…..and could just as easily have been you….I don't know. It's sobering.

Discovered a lot of new music.

A case of mistaken identity on 66th & Fremont left me shaken and paranoid. Note to Self: do not approach strange cars when you're exhausted and alone.

My alcoholic neighbor (whom I have only seen once in the two years that we've lived in our home) yelled at me from inside her kitchen window. Having really been through it that day, I lashed right back at her, the crazy girl on the street apparently yelling at no one. I stormed inside, stood in front of my own kitchen window and stared daggers at her house. Battle Of The Housewives, each of us gripping our respective porcelain sinks. Eventually I had to come to my senses, suck it up, and go across the street to both introduce myself and apologize. She did not accept this graciously.

Maybe this week will be better?

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM , Blogger Familie Hansen said...

Hi Jess,
just wanted to let you know we got your gift!!! I don't have an email for you. Please send it to me at avon.hansen@gmail.com. Missing you.
Avon
kajriis.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home