Wednesday, January 02, 2008

faded for the winter

So 2007 was supposed to be a year when I tried to be settled - settled with relationships, locale, employment, etc. But, looking back, I think I was wanting to be "settled" due to the high levels of anxiety I felt throughout the beginning part of the year. And maybe what I really needed, long-term, was to shoot for contentment. Not wanting to be somewhere else, doing something else, anything else. But is that even possible? If there ever was a place for stability, Portland would be the place for it. Volatile Town.

When I left Virginia, I took one last drive and told the Blue Ridge that though I sometimes hated them in their mediocrity, I knew - knew - I would end up on the West Coast, missing them terribly. And I hoped they would forgive me.

Not really the best way to enter 2008. But, here goes: Try, try, try to be content. And - above all else - learn to pray again. Post-midnight conversations remind me how far I've come. Or rather - gone.

The thing is….2007 was a good year. An exceptionally good year. Things are coming together, friendships are solid, good things are on the horizon. So why the unrest? You tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home