Wednesday, January 23, 2008

funny how far the sunshine goes

so...with work (and/or lack thereof) on all of our minds, i started to think about the different jobs i've had over the years, and realized that in each one, there is a high point and a low point. and remembering most of them make me fairly content and thankful with my present occupation. here goes:

person who worked with her dad at baratta & associates. I guess I was the associate.
High Point: Dad bought lunch each day.
Low Point: There really wasn't a low point.

person who worked in the dishpit in the college cafeteria:
High Point: One day we sort of had a food fight, and threw sodden cookies against the plaster walls and watched them splatter.
Low Point: I was taking an exam after my daily hour working in the dishpit, and was surprised to find a yellow smear on my test paper. I lifted up my left arm to discover a quite substantial amount of mustard and ham chunks on my forearm.

person who called potential students for my college:
High Point: I got to call a student who lived in Papua New Guinea. I was terribly awkward on the phone because - really - who expects a call to Papua New Guinea to actually go through?
Low Point: So....apparently you're not supposed to make calls outside of the US, let alone to Papua New Guinea. I got in a bit of trouble.

person who worked for a mortgage company in virginia:
High Point: The office was right next to the Appalachian Trail.
Low Point: I once lost a check for $60,000.

person who worked for a credit union:
High Point: Cool coworkers
Low Point: Slightly-out-of-sorts people who would make their hands look like a gun and mime shooting you when you told them that unfortunately their account was negative. ha. yeah I get it, right, that's funny.

person who worked for a mortgage company in oregon:
High Point: Once they brought in lunch for us, and I had a fairly decent caesar salad.
Low Point: Absolutely everything else except for that one salad.

person who works for a commercial furnishings company:
High Point: I got to go on an oil tanker and have a meeting in the captain's quarters. They gave me a free pair of steel-toed boots.
Low Point: I sometimes read brochures entitled "Don't Hate Me Because I'm A Cubicle", and receive corporate Christmas cards stating "Wishing You Holiday Chair".

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM , Blogger TQ said...

heehee.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home