Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I don't think the phrase "eco-ninja" is quite appropriate.

I've been missing deciduous forest recently, and couldn't seem to get the Appalachians out of my mind. Allowing myself to act on an impulse, I bought a ticket east, and will leave in less than 48 hours. I haven't experienced summer in Southwest Virginia since 2003, so seeing a lightning bug is long overdue. Plus, my perfectly southern grandma, who makes a damn good ham biscuit, is turning ninety and is having her first ever birthday party. Actually, I feel guilty for putting "grandma" and "damn" in the same sentence. But she doesn't have a computer, let alone Internet access, so I think we'll be fine.

The past few weeks have been spent avoiding the myriad hipsters in our driveway (see article: Do You Have Hipsters? )Stumptown Bikes, apparently, has been born.

In a few weeks, we'll take this brown dog and head to Montana for who knows how long.

On a different note, TQ left this morning. She took I-5 south towards Los Angeles. Headed to California, she is. I sat in her old upstairs bedroom for quite a while this afternoon. For once, I didn't listen to any music. Just sat there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home