Saturday, February 17, 2007

this is what you get....

Headed home on the Broadway bridge yesterday, "Karma Police" came on the radio. I've heard this song hundreds of times, but for some reason, it reminded me of a certain event yesterday.

When we were sixteen, emily o'brien and myself would make videos under the guise of "wicker deer productions". One episode, in particular, involved my parents' old washing machine. We named it after our friend david and painted other high schoolish slogans on it (e.g. " '99 rocks" etc.). Dad helped us load it on to the back of his pickup truck, and we got ready to roll. Emily filmed, my brother hid in the woods, and I put on a vietnamese straw hat (?). Our driveway was such that it was flat for about 1/8 of a mile, and then it turned into a slight incline. Dad drove slowly on the flat portion, but then hit the gas at the incline - which resulted in the washing machine falling off the back of the pickup. All hell broke loose - emily screamed, my brother emerged from the woods with a sickle, I ran towards the broken washing machine and lost my hat. My brother started to beat the washing machine with the sickle (where he obtained said sickle, I don't know), and I kicked it and threw miscellaneous pieces around. My brother (who was eleven) commanded the washing machine: "WHY DON'T YOU GET UP AND DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR LIFE, YOU ENGLISH PATIENT!". Then (in the final edited version), "Karma Police" fades in as dad drives away with the remnants of the white maytag: "…this is what you get when you mess with us….".

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM , Blogger bpm said...

i think you should start making movies again. Or at least put your old productions on youtube.

i don't think i can move to portland if its gonna be that warm.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home