Saturday, March 17, 2007

Let's hear it for breaking up with Seattle

Bullet Points:

- This was the first actual good week that I've had in....I don't know how long. Thank you Lord. Didn't think we could take much more....

- Thursday night, I asked Peter what he would think about living in Yellow Springs, Ohio. It's a miniature Portland, with never-ending fields easily accessible. It seemed like a good idea at the time. But maybe I'm not really missing the fields that go on forever, but more the stage of life I was in when surrounded by those corn fields. Somehow, they were romantic.

- Peter got me the Rosetta Stone Russian software for my birthday. Now I have absolutely no excuse. You (all three of you) must hold me accountable.

- Spring decided to come out for my birthday - the cherry blossoms are a welcome present. Warmth can't come soon enough.

- Just finished My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk. It took about 174 pages to get into it, but it was worth it. It takes place in 16th century Istanbul, focusing on the miniaturists that would illustrate books for the sultan. The main conflict is what influence illustrating in the 'Frankish' style (3-D paintings, as we typically know them) has versus continuing to illustrate in the typical Arabic style taken from the old schools in Herat and Tabriz.

- On the other hand, I also just finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. All the hubbub is validated - I'm afraid that - at least for a period - I'm going to be one of those people who try to somehow incorporate Harry Potter into every conversation.

- I'm at Jim & Patty's, and am getting ready to go explore Cathedral Park with my 35mm. We've been apart too long.

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM , Blogger ruthie said...

actually, jessi's bday is the best day. even with the rain. so scrabble as j&ps one of these days?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home